Monday, May 30, 2016

More information about Edna Robins Winter

I ran across a news clipping about my grandmother Winter:  no indication of date or newspaper.  This is probably from around 1923 as it was before she married my grandfather.  




"we enjoyed a talk by Miss Edna Robins of Des Moines who was spending the holidays with her sisters, Miss Arline [born 1905] and Mrs. Charley Gardner [I think she was Leola E. Robins born 1909] [Charley Gardner is also associated with the historical town no longer existent Prarie Grove:  see my post on that] [a Roswell Gardner is also mentioned].  Miss Edna is a former Groveland [Groveland was a town in Clarke County, no longer exists] school girl and later one of Clarke county's efficient teachers.  At present she is instructor in the C.C.C.C. in Des Moines [I couldn't find a C.C.C.C., but there was a C.C.C.  Civilian Conservation Corps] and the first of the year is in charge of the shorthand departments, having been promoted just before the Xmas vacation.  We are indeed proud of Miss Robins and predict a bright future for this earnest, industrious young woman who has won out in every undertaking."   

I also ran across her certificate of marriage.



No comments:

Post a Comment